Insiders tips for enjoying Spruce Meadows and the Master’s
April 29, 2015
Looking for a fun and affordable family day out? Then head to Spruce Meadows for the Masters' taking place from September 10-14. This highly acclaimed equestrian tournament offers international competitors the largest purse available for a single jumping event in the world. Lucky for us, it’s right in our own backyard.
With four-million dollars up for grabs, The Masters’ hosts the best athletes from the world’s top show jumping nation. During the tournament, Spruce Meadows caters upwards of 250,000 guests at their world class facilities located in SouthWest Calgary.
And while the serious compete, there are ample opportunities for children and families to enjoy all that Spruce Meadows has to offer. Visit the east grandstand to check out performances by the Spruce Meadows Prairie Dogs or stop by the Main Drive for a wagon ride. Kids can play on the Real Canadian Superstore playground or take part in a pony ride in the International Plaza.
For those that are interested in all things equestrian, be sure to check out performances by the Household Cavalry, the King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery and the Band of Welsh Guards. These amazing and talented performers will be located throughout the grounds for all four days of the tournament.
So whether you head to Spruce Meadows to watch the Masters’ or to simply visit to enjoy the day, here are a few tips to get the most from your visit:
- Rush seating tickets are $5 for adults and reserved seating tickets start at $25.
- The Re/MAX Family Centre is literally a home-away-from-home. It offers a kitchen, handicap-accessible washrooms, changing facilities, playroom and a private nursing room for new moms.
- Come hungry! There are a variety of food and beverage options you’ll want to check out.
- For a complete visitors guide click here.
- For maps and venue details click here.